SolIV 4.5 1099's throwing Crystal Print Engine Error: 534
c***@gmail.com
2005-12-30 18:06:40 UTC
I have a friend that is running Solomon IV 4.5. Has run all year on
Windows XP Pro w/ SP2 with no problems. They tried to print 1099's
today and they get:

Report C:\PROGRAM FILES\Solomon IV\usr_rpts\03740L.rpt
Crystal Print Engine Error: 534 - Error deteted by database dll

I temporarily moved the copy of that file from usr_rpts and tried
again, but it generated the same error with a slightly different path.
BTW, the copy of this file (03740L.RPT) is from the 2001 Year-end
Updates for 4.50. It is dated 11/15/2001 and is 343,853 bytes.

So I did some research and it looks like I need a newer CRPE32.DLL.
The current copy is 8.5.0.217, with a build date of 2/4/2001 and (I
believe) a file data of 2/11/2001.

In a previous message in this discussion group, someone mentioned that
this file may be available at the Microsoft site, but I sure can't find
it. Do you need a support contract to find it there? This issue is
apparently discussed in an area of the Microsoft site that I have no
access to.

I also noticed that the BusinessObjects site has service packs and
hotfixes for Crystal Reports 8.5. Do you I need to apply one of those?
Or should I do this on a separate machine, get a copy of CRPE32.DLL
and just bring that over?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil
Stuart Nottingham
2005-12-30 19:47:01 UTC
First, are you sure you can use those 1099's? The 2005 year end updates
for Solomon did more to 1099's than to W2's.

Second, the service packs found on BusinessObjects are for full-blown
Crystal Reports, not the OEM version sold with Solomon. Unless you've
got the full 8.5 version of Crystal installed, I wouldn't try using
these hot fixes and files.

Third, I'm assuming they ran 1099's last year. Since there haven't been
any updates to v4.5 in all of 2005, I don't see how a newer CRPE32.dll
could be the issue. I'd lean more toward a corrupted view in the database.
Phil
c***@gmail.com
2005-12-30 21:27:15 UTC
Thanks for your help Stuart. They did run 1099's last year, but on a
Windows NT 4.0 machine which was replaced because the tape drive wasn't
performing backups any more and a host of other issues. Everything was
installed on a new XP machine and has seemed to work so far this year,
until now.

I don't know for sure that it IS a CRPE32.DLL issue. Perhaps it is a
corrupted view on the database. Have any suggestions on tracking it
down?

I appreciate your help.
Stuart Nottingham
2005-12-31 11:29:20 UTC
In SQl Profiler, you could setup a trace, then run the report. When the
error is generated (and before you click OK on the error window), look
at the trace and see what statement was trying to be run. Try running
this same statement in Query Analyzer to see if the error occurs.

Stuart